We’re as Passionate as it Gets. Are You?
At Scott + Cormia, there’s a key to our success: our output is ‘the sum of all parts.’ It’s how we ensure that everyone within the company can do the best work of their lives. We’re proud of our longstanding inclusivity, equality, and collaboration. And today, we’re searching for passionate design professionals who value authentic relationships and truly love design. Is that you? Let’s talk.
Project Coordinator - Two Positions Available
Updated: April 29, 2022
The primary role of this position will be to handle the progress of the drawing set and understand the majority of the project, manage and communicate with consultants frequently to handle changes, deadlines and deliverables, help Project Manager with staff levels to complete the project on time and at a high quality, inform PM and Director if progress is on pace or behind the weekly schedule assignments. It is important that this person has the technical knowledge and personal ability to mentor and train newer staff members.
Education and Experience Requirements
The person holding this position should possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or a similar discipline, with the intention of, currently enrolled in, or have completed a Master’s of Architecture program and have at least 5 years of prior experience.
Mastery of REVIT. Highly proficient in Lumion, Enscape, InDesign and similar design platforms, proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook or similar platforms. Creative with strong communications and organizational skills and be a self-starter.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Displays the ability to coordinate several projects and/or buildings at the same time.
- Displays proficiency in providing documents for review to both Quality Control and their Project Manager with minimal comments.
- Provides assistance to the Project Manager by coordinating the efforts of all project members and consultants involved. Must display a full understanding of the tasks for all positions that they direct the effort of.
- Responsible for assisting the Project Manager in managing the team’s time to ensure the project is complete in the time frame scheduled by the Project Manager.
- Responsible for reporting the Project status at all times to the Project Manager.
- Develop and oversee the technical drafting skills and daily work of al technicians on their team.
- Responsible for asking questions to and addressing the concerns of the Project Manager for all items unknown or for conflicts found in the drawings.
- Responsible for gathering all related sheets that need code review and/or design review by the Project manager, Partner in Charge, or the Quality Control Department.
- Assisting the Project Manager in assuring all projects from their inception are generated in accordance with our firm standards.
- Responsible for generating preliminary drafting and other documentations needed for projects assigned to them by the Project Manager.
- Provide preliminary product specification and Notice of Acceptance gathering.
- Obtain and distribute all necessary information from the Project Manager for the design and conceptual development of the project.
- Regular Reporting o Director’s and Project Managers
- Graphics programs
Personal Appearances and Conduct
- Scott Cormia expects all employees to dress professionally and tastefully. Reasonable accommodations based on religion or race with respect to dress, attire, and hair style.
- Time management for meetings (You are late when you are 5 minutes early)
- Use of personal mobile phone
- Use of personal vehicle
- REVIT - Understanding and ability to adhere to the firms’ templates and standards
- Time Reporting o Detailed in Big Time per the firms’ standards
Scott Cormia promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company or affect the health and/or safety of others at work. Please see your supervisor should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if applicable) in PDF format.